WHAT YOU NEED:
- 350ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 chopped frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs
- 1/3 cap of natural peppermint essence
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Place a large glass in the freezer
- Put all the ingredients into a Nutribullet or blender
- Blend until smooth except for the cocoa nibs which will not blend quickly and will add a nice crunch to the smoothie (around 15 seconds in a Nutribullet)
- Pour the smoothie into the frozen glass and return to the freezer for an additional 2 minutes before serving.
- Tip: I always keep a few chopped frozen bananas in the freezer. I buy a bunch, peel and chop them when I get home, and put them into individual zip lock bags in the freezer.